This article describes how to change Payment Method for a Subscription. OnlineFundraising supports several ways of changing Payment Method:
- In OnlineFundraising: A user can change the Payment Method manually (Go to section)
- Via link: Donor/Member can change Payment Method using a link (Go to section)
- Onboarding: A user can change Payment Method using an Upgrade Workflow (Go to article)
1. Change Payment Method in OnlineFundraising
1.1. Identify Subscription
Start by identifying the Subscription for which the Payment Method should be changed. Search for the Contact and their Payments and Subscription(s) by searching for the Contact email or phone number.
1.2. Select Change payment method
Once you have identified the Subscription, go to the section Payment method and select the option: Change Payment Method.
1.3. Configure new Payment Method
The Change Payment Method opens in a new tab in your browser. This page displays information about the Subscription along with Payment Methods that are available to switch over to.
Select the Payment Method the Donor/Member wishes to change to. Click Continue, and you will be redirected to a page which allows you to provide the Contact data relevant to the new Payment Method. The Contact data needed to complete configuration is dependant on which Payment Method was selected.
1.4. Finalise Configuration of Payment Method
Once configuration of the Payment Method is finalised, the new Payment Method will be used for future payments.
2. Send Change Payment Method Link to Donor/Member
OnlineFundraising supports that Donor/Member can change their Payment Method themselves using a link. The prerequisites to sending such a link is that the Subscription id (subscriptionGuid) is known. Often this link is generated programmatically, e.g. in a CRM-System via an integration.
To send the link to Donor/Member, do the following:
- Performs steps 1.1-1.2. of Change Payment Method in OnlineFundraising, that is, including the step where you click Change payment method.
- Copy the URL from the browser. This link can be shared directly with Donor/Member.
Example from browser:
The URL is constructed as follows: